Thursday, January 27, 2011

Retirement = Wine and Cheese

Project: A goodbye poster for one of my dad's coworkers

Materials: The usual colored paper, scissors and an Elmer's glue stick. Plus a large piece of poster board.

My dad's company is having a lunch this weekend for Catherine, a woman who has worked with my father for 15 years and is now retiring. Since this is not a project I'm making for myself, I suppose that makes this is my first commissioned work haha. The letters were particularly tricky and time-consuming. At this point, I could probably cut Times New Roman in my sleep! The image is basically what I think of when I imagine retirement: a picnic somewhere with wine and cheese and sun and loveliness! In any case, this will be on display at the luncheon for people to sign with their well-wishes.

Here's the whole poster, with my phone next to it for size comparison:

Closeups of the "food":

Yum! Who doesn't love Gouda with a fresh baguette and red wine?

Of course, one must always have the correct knife for slicing fancy cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment