Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Miscellaneous Baking

Project: Alleviation of boredom via baked goods.

Materials: Blueberries, apples, sugar, flour, BUTTER.

So I was bored this past Sunday and decided to bake a few things. Originally I was just going to try out this new recipe for "blueberry boy bait," so named because it's supposedly so good you'll be able to snare boys with it. I saw it on a food blog I sometimes follow, and the picture looked so good I had to try it. It turned out great, and was in fact so delicious I had to bring it to work to ensure I didn't eat all of it. When I told one of my coworkers the name of the recipe, she said she had a mental image of one of those old-fashioned traps composed of a box held open by a stick, with a trail of the below coffee cake leading to it. Not sure HR would approve of me setting one of those up in the office...

Here it is, ready to go into the oven. Note the delicious cinnamon-sugar and blueberry topping:

I wasn't kidding when I said I needed to get it out of the house. About an hour after it came out of the oven, significant damage was already done:

Close-up of the delicious blueberry layers:


I had been planning to only make the blueberry boy bait, but my dad apparently had a terrible hankering for some sort of crumble or crisp, and since I had a few spare apples...Here is the ensuing apple crisp. The recipe calls for pears, but I just substituted for more apples and it turned out just fine. The recipe also makes a   GIANT crisp, since I halved the recipe and still had a 9x9 pan full of it.

Ready for the oven:
 

Delicious, gooey and golden brown:



No comments:

Post a Comment