Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sometimes I Cook Like a Grown-Up

Project: A new dinner recipe

Materials: Avocado, garlic, lemon juice, basil, pasta, chicken breast

Sometimes, once in a blue moon, I cook a proper meal like an adult. Tonight was one of those rare nights. I saw a recipe online for a "vegan avocado 'alfredo'," and while the words "vegan" and "alfredo" in the same sentence together make me cringe, the recipe itself looked pretty delightful.

It's very basic, and can be found here. Ahh, the joys of Pinterest. The result was a quick and easy, rich and creamy, garlicky delight. The recipe is vegan, but I grilled some chicken breast to put on top, because I'm not.

Two perfectly cooked chicken breasts, if I do say so myself.

Avocado mush! It looks like guacamole, but tastes like a crap load of garlic and basil. Yum!

The end result!

After all, who doesn't like green food?

No comments:

Post a Comment