Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Under The Sea

Project: Birthday card for my creature-loving aunt.

Materials: Tentacles

Earlier this week it was my aunt's birthday. She and I have established a history of exchanging weird sea life on special occasions. It started with the angler fish I made for her and her family, which was inspired by a ceramics piece she made. Then she returned the favor by making me this awesome ring holder. It's now my turn again, so here's the aquatic card I made for her:

The card:

The inside. Normally I'm more enthusiastic, but the octopus on the front didn't seem the exclamation point type to me.

I also realized belatedly I might have had some unconscious inspiration for this card. Octo is not impressed.

Happy Birthday, Auntie Patty!


No comments:

Post a Comment